About Me

My photo
The Upper Peninsula, Michigan, United States
I have been writing fiction as long as I have been able to read. My stories turned into novels before I knew what a novel was. Their characters were my companions in adventures of my imagination. Sharing those adventures with readers is enjoyable and rewarding. I welcome you, my readers, as friends and guides within my fictional world.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'll get it figured out someday

Being new to blogging, I'm still trying to figure out how it works. But since adventures come on all forms, I'll give it a try. I see this adventure as a quest to communicate with readers who share an interest in my kind of characters and the lifestyles they lead. I hope you like them. 

4 comments:

Irelynn said...

Starting a blog is always hard. I remember when I started my first blog, I didn't have a clue how anything worked. Luckily I have figured it out by now!

Keep it up, and I'll be back to have a look at your novels.

Love,
Irelynn

Jade Alanson said...

Thanks Irelynn.

I'm sure it will all start to make sense after a while and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Jade

sixofthebest said...

Can you write a spanking story, where a teen-age son, has his father's permission, to spank his mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, the family's maid, female cook, etc.

Jade Alanson said...

I suppose I could, but it would be a deviation from my style, which is strongly based in characters and situations that feel familiar and real while being tantalizingly beyond the edge of romantic and sensual fantasy.

I am a novelist, not a short story writer. Short stories come from situations, like the one you suggested, and the outcome is primarily based on the resolution of that situation. In contrast, my novels come from the characters and are resolved by how a number of situations and experiences, both internal and external, effect and change the characters involved.

My charactes are my stories and it would take a lot of time and work to develop characters who would feel real to me in that situation. I am not saying there is anything wrong with a story like that and I would enjoy reading it if someone did write it. It's just that I have been writing novels all my life and have never developed the skills that make a good short story writer. Try writing it yourself. Since it's your idea, you should be able to tell it best. Besides, you may have a lot of fun doing it.